Wilmington Christian School desires to help our families by offering different scholarships and incentives in order to afford a Christian education for all of their children. Listed below is an overview of our current programs.
Wilmington Christian School endeavors to make available need-based financial aid (Tuition Assistance) to help meet its parents’ evolving needs by helping to fill the gap between the tuition fees and the family’s ability to pay those costs. It is WCS’s desire to provide tuition assistance to students in an effort to develop a student community that is representative of the cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of our surrounding communities.
While the availability of school resources, the number of qualified applicants, and overall budgetary constraints influence tuition assistance decisions, Wilmington Christian School is committed to making grants available to as many eligible applicants as possible. In an effort to make the process fair to all, WCS considers the following when making award decisions:
- New students must submit an Application for Admission to WCS. Current students must not be in arrears for any obligations to WCS. Qualifying students must have applied for or be enrolled full day in grades PK3-12. (PK2 students are not eligible for tuition asistance.)
- The primary responsibility for financing a student’s education rests with the family.
- Both parents are expected to contribute to tuition. If a parent chooses not to work, WCS imputes an annual income for a non-working parent.
- In the case of divorce or separation, WCS requires both parents to file an application for tuition assistance. WCS is not bound by any divorce agreement specifying a parent’s responsibility for educational expenses.
- WCS believes a family should invest in their child’s education before elective expenses, for example, secondary home ownership, club memberships, and expensive car leases/purchases.
Wilmington Christian School uses an online system called FAST, powered by ISM (Independent School Management), to evaluate an applicant family’s need for financial assistance.
- Click on the FAST link below. It takes you to the actual online tuition assistance application. You will need to complete the entire application form and pay the $43.00 fee to FAST for your application to be processed by ISM and delivered electronically to WCS. There are instructions that you may download directly from the application site once you click the link. These instructions outline the information you will need to gather in order to complete the application as efficiently and accurately as possible. Once you have all of your materials, the application should take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete. As you are completing the online application, each field will provide you with the contact information you need if you have any questions. You may begin applying for tuition assistance after November 1st.
- Preliminary awards will be determined by re-commitment time in January for current school families, during February for new families.
- You must provide all tax returns and forms requested by FAST for the 2017 year for your application to be considered by Wilmington Christian School.
- All preliminary awards are contingent upon two things: 1) FAST must receive your 2017 tax documentation and requested forms by February 28, 2018; 2) all requested documentation must support the information submitted on the application. WCS reserves the right to withdraw or change any award based on insufficient documentation.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR ACCOUNTANT EARLY.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A 2017 TAX RETURN.
Mail your tax returns directly to FAST:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594*
*Please put “Wilmington Christian School” on the outside of the envelope under the return address! Pre-addressed FAST envelopes are available in the Business Office.
To be considered for tuition assistance for the 2018-19 school year, you must complete the online application by December 31, 2017 and send in your tax forms for the 2017 year to FAST by February 28, 2018. Although the funds in the tuition assistance budget will be limited after the preliminary awards, applications will be accepted until July 31, 2018.
- If you would like additional information about the tuition assistance process before applying, please contact Carol Allston-Stiles, Director of Enrollment, at 302-239-2121, extension 3205.
- If you have specific questions about the FAST form or how to turn your 2017 tax return and other forms around on time to FAST, please call Client Services at FAST: 877-326-FAST (3278).
Fulltime Ministerial Leadership Scholarship
To qualify, a family must meet the requirements as set forth on the Application for Fulltime Ministerial Leadership Scholarship.
Some churches will help their members in paying for a Christian education. WCS will match that assistance up to $500/student each school year.
WCS parents become “Ambassadors” by inviting and encouraging “New Families” to enroll their children at WCS. The Ambassadors are then eligible to receive a $500 Credit for each student.
It’s easy, here’s how it works:
- WCS Ambassador, please make sure your New Family lists you on the Application for Admission.
- New Family, please list your Ambassador in the space provided at the bottom of the Application for Admission for each student.
- Credit will be prorated for midyear enrollments/withdrawals.
- You may choose to assign your credit to another WCS family.
- Former WCS families and new students from current families are not eligible.